Cities: Skylines 2 System Requirements
Cities: Skylines II is an upcoming simulation game that lets you build and manage your own city. It is expected to release on October 24, 2023 on Steam. Here are the system requirements for the game according to different sources:
|Requirement||Skylines 2 System Requirements Minimum||Skylines 2 System Requirements Recommended|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|CPU||Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X||Intel Core i7-9700K or AMD Ryzen 5 5600X|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon RX 470||Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT|
Note that these requirements may change before the game’s release.
Cities: Skylines 2
Cities: Skylines II is an upcoming sequel to the highly popular city-building simulation game called Cities: Skylines. It is being developed by Colossal Order Ltd. and published by Paradox Interactive. The game is set to be released on October 24, 2023, and will be available for PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S.
Cities: Skylines II offers a fresh and modern take on the city-building genre. Players have the opportunity to create and manage cities that feel more alive than ever before. The game features fully-realized transport and economy systems, providing a realistic and immersive experience. With a wide range of construction and customization options, players can build their cities according to their own vision.
One of the exciting aspects of Cities: Skylines II is the inclusion of different climates and seasons. Players can witness how their cities respond and adapt to changing weather conditions, adding a dynamic element to the gameplay. Additionally, players can follow the lives of individual citizens and witness firsthand how their decisions impact the citizens’ happiness, health, and wealth.
For those who pre-order the game, there are exclusive bonuses available. By pre-ordering, players gain access to nine unique landmark buildings inspired by famous landmarks from around the world. Additionally, they receive a map based on the geography of Tampere, Finland, which is the hometown of Colossal Order.
Furthermore, there is an Ultimate Edition available for purchase. This edition includes the base game as well as the Expansion Pass, which provides players with additional content. Some of the extra content includes the San Francisco Set, Beach Properties Asset Pack, two Content Creator Packs, the Bridges & Ports Expansion, and three Radio Stations. This version offers even more options and possibilities for players to enhance their city-building experience.
Can I Run Cities Skylines 2?
To determine if you can run Cities Skylines 2, you can compare your computer’s specifications to the minimum, recommended, and maximum system requirements. You can find your computer’s specifications by opening the System Information app in Windows.
Here are the steps on how to open the System Information app:
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard.
- Type msinfo32 and press Enter.
- The System Information app will open.
Once you have opened the System Information app, you can find your computer’s specifications by looking at the following sections:
- System Summary
- System Model
- Installed Physical Memory (RAM)
- Operating System
- Graphics Card
Once you have found your computer’s specifications, you can compare them to the minimum, recommended, and maximum system requirements for Cities Skylines 2. If your computer’s specifications meet or exceed the minimum system requirements, then you should be able to run Cities Skylines 2. However, if your computer’s specifications do not meet the minimum system requirements, then you may experience performance issues.
Here is a table that compares your computer’s specifications to the minimum, recommended, and maximum system requirements for Cities Skylines 2:
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 11 64-bit|
|CPU||Intel Core i7-4790K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X||Intel Core i7-4790K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X||Intel Core i7-9700K or AMD Ryzen 5 5600X||Intel Core i9-12900K or AMD Ryzen 9 5950X|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon RX 470||Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon RX 470||Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT||Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 or AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT|
If you are unsure if your computer can run Cities Skylines 2, you can always try the game’s Demo version. The Demo version will allow you to play the game for a limited amount of time, so you can see if your computer can handle it.
Cities Skylines 2 size
The file size of Cities Skylines 2 is 50 GB. This includes the base game and all of the pre-order bonuses. The size of the game may vary depending on your settings and the mods that you install.
Here are some tips to reduce the size of Cities Skylines 2:
- Disable mods that you are not using. Mods can add a significant amount of size to the game.
- Reduce the quality of the textures. The game’s textures can be quite large, so reducing their quality can save some space.
- Use a smaller map size. The larger the map size, the larger the game file will be.
- Disable the high-definition assets. The high-definition assets add a significant amount of size to the game.
Cities Skylines 2 FPS
The frame rate you can expect in Cities Skylines 2 will vary depending on your computer’s specifications and the settings you use. However, as a general rule of thumb, you can expect to get a frame rate of around 30fps on the minimum system requirements, 60fps on the recommended system requirements, and 120fps on the maximum system requirements.
Here are some factors that can affect your frame rate in Cities Skylines 2:
- Your computer’s specifications: The more powerful your computer is, the better your frame rate will be.
- The settings you use: The higher the settings, the lower your frame rate will be.
- The size of your city: The larger your city is, the lower your frame rate will be.
- The number of mods you use: Mods can add a significant load on your computer, which can lower your frame rate.
If you are experiencing low frame rates in Cities Skylines 2, there are a few things you can do to improve them:
- Reduce the settings: Reducing the settings will lower the graphical fidelity of the game, but it can also improve your frame rate.
- Use a smaller map size: Using a smaller map size will reduce the amount of data that the game needs to process, which can improve your frame rate.
- Disable mods: Disabling mods can free up resources on your computer, which can improve your frame rate.
- Upgrade your computer: If your computer is not meeting the minimum system requirements, upgrading your hardware can improve your frame rate.
Also See: – Best CPU for Cities Skylines