Looking for the best laptop for drawing with stylus? You’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll compare the top laptops on the market that are perfect for artists and creatives.
We’ll look at laptops with high-quality displays, responsive styluses, and powerful processors that can handle even the most demanding drawing applications.
So whether you’re a professional artist or just starting out, read on to find the best laptop for drawing with a stylus!
Keep in mind that, always focus on laptops that either come with a stylus or are compatible with one, and also have high-quality displays and powerful specs to handle graphic-intensive tasks.
As digital art and design have become integral aspects of today’s creative industries, finding the best laptop for drawing with a stylus has never been more important.
A laptop with stylus support provides the flexibility and precision needed to bring your imaginative ideas to life, whether you’re a professional graphic designer, digital artist, student, or hobbyist. However, navigating the world of tech specs and stylus compatibility can be complex.
This comprehensive guide aims to simplify your search, featuring an expertly curated selection of top-notch laptops tailored to the needs of artists and designers.
These laptops not only boast cutting-edge technology like high-resolution touchscreens and powerful processors but also support the use of a stylus for seamless, natural drawing experience.
From the lightweight Microsoft Surface Pro 9 to the powerhouse ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX582, the innovative HP Spectre 2-in-1, the ultra-portable LG Gram, the artist-friendly Acer Spin 5, the versatile ASUS VivoBook Flip 14, and the all-round performance of the Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch, there’s something for everyone.
Join us as we delve into the world of digital drawing laptops, exploring their unique features, pros, and cons. We’ll also touch upon crucial factors to consider when buying the best laptop for drawing with a stylus, ensuring you make an informed decision that perfectly suits your creative needs and aspirations. With the right tool, the only limit is your imagination! So, let’s dive into the realm of digital creativity.
Here is the recommended list of best laptop for drawing with stylus
- Microsoft Surface Pro 9
- ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX582 Laptop
- HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 Laptop
- LG Gram 16 inch 2-in-1 Ultralight Laptop
- Acer Spin 5 Convertible Laptop
- ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 Thin and Light 2-in-1 Laptop
- Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch
Things to Look For
When choosing the best laptop for drawing with a stylus, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get a device that suits your needs:
- Stylus Compatibility: The most important factor is whether the laptop supports a stylus or not. Some laptops come with a stylus, while others require a separate purchase. Ensure that the stylus is sensitive enough for your drawing needs.
- Screen Quality: You need a high-resolution screen for a better drawing experience. Also consider the color accuracy, brightness, and contrast ratio of the screen. An IPS panel offers the best viewing angles. Some artists might prefer a matte screen to reduce glare.
- Screen Size: Depending on your needs, you may want a larger screen for more drawing real estate. However, keep in mind that larger screens can make the laptop more bulky and less portable.
- Performance: Look for a laptop with a powerful processor, sufficient RAM, and ample storage space. These components ensure that your laptop can handle drawing software without lagging. Graphics chips can also enhance performance, especially for 3D drawing or rendering.
- Convertible or 2-in-1 Design: Many artists prefer laptops that can be converted into tablets for a more natural drawing experience. These are often called 2-in-1 laptops and can be used in laptop mode, tablet mode, or tent mode.
- Battery Life: Drawing and graphic design software can be power-hungry. If you plan to work on the go, look for a laptop with long battery life.
- Portability: If you plan on carrying your laptop around, consider its weight and size. Lighter, thinner models are more portable but may compromise on screen size or keyboard comfort.
- Software Compatibility: Make sure that the laptop you choose can run the drawing or design software you plan to use. Check the software’s system requirements against the laptop’s specifications.
- Durability: Look for a well-built laptop that can withstand long hours of use. Some models come with a rugged design or added protection for the screen.
- Price: Lastly, consider your budget. High-end laptops often come with top-of-the-line features for drawing, but there are also budget-friendly options with great performance. Remember, investing in a good-quality laptop can pay off in the long run, especially if drawing is a significant part of your career or hobby.
It’s essential to research and compare different models to find the best laptop for drawing that matches your requirements and budget.
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 9 (2022)
The Microsoft Surface Pro 9 is a top-of-the-line and best laptop for drawing with a stylus. Its a versatile device that is perfect for those in need of a high-quality, portable 2-in-1 laptop and tablet. This tech marvel comes packed with a host of exceptional features and improvements, making it a strong contender in today’s market.
Equipped with an Intel 12th Gen i7 Fast Processor, this device promises smooth, efficient multitasking. The power of the Intel Core i7-1255U processor is complemented by a generous 16GB of RAM. This combination ensures you can run heavy-duty apps, edit photos or videos, and even do some light gaming without any hiccups. The 256GB SSD not only ensures quick boot times and fast file access but also offers enough space for most users’ files and applications.
The Surface Pro 9 flaunts a sharp 13″ PixelSense touch display with a native resolution of 2880 by 1920 pixels, offering crisp images and vibrant colors. The IPS panel technology ensures great viewing angles, and the 120Hz refresh rate provides a smooth and responsive touchscreen experience. Its thin and lightweight design (1.9 lbs and 0.37 inches thin) makes it very portable, and the sleek design will definitely turn heads.
With up to 13 hours and 12 minutes of battery life in testing, the Surface Pro 9 can easily get you through a full workday without recharging. For connectivity, it supports Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) for fast and reliable internet connections and Bluetooth 5.2 for connecting peripherals.
Running Windows 11 Home, the Surface Pro 9 allows you to enjoy the latest features of Microsoft’s OS, including Snap Layouts and Snap Groups, Direct Access, Widgets, and more. The OS is designed to boost productivity and provide a more streamlined user experience.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 9 provides a solid foundation for a host of activities. You can sketch, take notes, and annotate documents with ease, thanks to its compatibility with the Surface Pen. The large screen and robust processor also make it great for graphic design, Stable Diffusion, and video editing tasks. Plus, its 2-in-1 capability makes it perfect for multitasking between work and leisure activities – type away on its laptop form or watch your favorite shows in its tablet form. Furthermore, running on Windows 11 means you can use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and a host of other software for productivity, design, and entertainment.
- Powerful 12th Gen Intel Core i7 processor and 16GB RAM for smooth multitasking
- Vibrant and sharp 13″ PixelSense touch display with a 120Hz refresh rate
- Lightweight, thin, and portable design
- Impressive battery life
- Runs on Windows 11, which has many productivity-enhancing features
- 256GB storage might be limiting for users with heavy data needs
- Absence of variable refresh support may not appeal to some gamers
- May run hot when under heavy workload
Overall, the Microsoft Surface Pro 9 (2022) stands as a high-performing 2-in-1 laptop and tablet, offering great features for professionals, creatives, and general users alike. While it has its minor cons, the pros overwhelmingly make it a worthy investment for those in search of a device that blends power, performance, and portability.
2. ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX58
The ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX582 is a groundbreaking laptop with a unique dual-screen setup designed to boost productivity and creativity. This masterpiece of innovation stands out as an optimal choice for students and professionals seeking a high-performance laptop for drawing with a stylus.
Beneath its stunning celestial blue exterior, the ZenBook Pro Duo 15 comes loaded with a powerful Intel i7-12700H processor and 16GB RAM. This configuration ensures smooth performance, whether you’re running intensive software, multitasking, or playing graphics-heavy games. The 1TB SSD is a generous inclusion, offering ample storage space and fast read/write speeds.
The standout feature of this laptop is undoubtedly its dual-screen setup. The main display is a 15.6″ OLED 4K touch display that offers breathtaking visuals with deep blacks and vibrant colors. Then there’s the ASUS ScreenPad Plus, a secondary 4K touchscreen display that tilts upwards for better visibility and ergonomics. This innovative design enhances multitasking and offers seamless workflows, making it a powerhouse for creative tasks.
The ZenBook Pro Duo 15 is equipped with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, which delivers impeccable performance for graphic design, video editing, gaming, and more. On the software front, the laptop runs Windows 11 Home and comes with the ScreenXpert 2 software. This exclusive software optimizes cross-screen multitasking and includes built-in apps and the unique Control Panel app that revolutionizes creative workflows.
With the ZenBook Pro Duo 15, students and creatives can accomplish tasks like never before. Use a stylus to sketch or annotate on the main OLED display while the secondary ScreenPad Plus keeps your other tools or apps accessible. Whether you’re designing in Adobe Illustrator, editing in Premiere Pro, or coding in Visual Studio, the dual displays make it easy to keep reference materials in view while working on your main task. You can even game with an extra screen for chats, guides, or streaming controls. The laptop’s unique Control Panel app lets you create customized panels for your preferred software, speeding up your workflow.
- Dual 4K displays for enhanced multitasking and productivity
- Powerful performance with the Intel i7-12700H processor and 16GB RAM
- Generous 1TB storage space for all your files and software
- High-quality graphics with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
- Innovative software enhancements with ScreenXpert 2 and the Control Panel app
- The unique design might take some time to get used to
- The laptop’s weight and size might affect portability
- Dual displays may impact battery life
The ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX582 is a unique and powerful laptop that redefines the boundaries of productivity and creativity. While it may take some time to adjust to its unique dual-screen setup, the benefits it provides to creative professionals and students make it an excellent investment.
3. HP Spectre 2-in-1 Laptop
The latest HP Spectre 2-in-1 laptop offers the best of both worlds – the performance of a robust laptop and the versatility of a touchscreen tablet. Its impressive specs and sleek design make it an exceptional choice for creative professionals, business users, and everyday multitaskers.
One of the primary highlights of the HP Spectre 2-in-1 laptop is the powerful Intel i7-12700H processor with a whopping 14 cores. It also houses 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, allowing for seamless multitasking and smooth operation even under heavy workloads. The expansive 2TB m.2 NVMe SSD not only provides ample space for storage but also delivers high-speed data access and quick boot times.
The 16″ UHD 3K+ touchscreen display presents an engaging and interactive user experience, making it an excellent laptop for tasks requiring precise touch inputs, such as drawing and design. The inclusion of a stylus pen enhances this capability. This convertible laptop, with its backlit keyboard and fingerprint reader, also promotes ease of use and security.
The HP Spectre 2-in-1 laptop supports the latest Wi-Fi 6e for fast and reliable internet connections. The inclusion of Thunderbolt 4 ports also ensures high-speed data transfer and allows connection to multiple external devices. It runs on Windows 11 Pro, offering a host of productivity-enhancing features, secure data protections, and advanced management capabilities.
Given its impressive hardware, the HP Spectre 2-in-1 laptop is suitable for a wide range of tasks. The large touchscreen and included stylus make it perfect for digital artists and designers, allowing them to draw, design, and edit directly on the screen using software like CorelDRAW, Photoshop, or AutoCAD. It’s also a powerful machine for developers, capable of handling software like IntelliJ, PyCharm, or Android Studio. With Windows 11 Pro, business users can take advantage of advanced features like BitLocker, Windows Information Protection (WIP), and a range of productivity tools.
- Powerful performance from the 14-core Intel i7-12700H and 16GB RAM
- Large and responsive 16″ UHD 3K+ touchscreen
- Ample storage space with a 2TB m.2 NVMe SSD
- Latest connectivity options with Wi-Fi 6e and Thunderbolt 4
- Bundled stylus pen for precision input
- The large screen size may affect portability
- The UHD 3K+ display might consume battery faster
- High-end specs might make it pricier than competitors
In conclusion, the latest HP Spectre 2-in-1 laptop is a premium device that delivers excellent performance and versatility. Despite a few minor drawbacks, its high-end features make it a worthy choice for users demanding power and productivity in their daily tasks.
4. LG Gram 16 inch 2-in-1 Ultralight Laptop
The LG Gram 16 inch 2-in-1 Ultralight laptop stands out as a top-tier option for professionals looking for a versatile device that marries performance with portability. This model is particularly well-suited for drawing with a stylus, offering a range of features that contribute to a smooth, seamless user experience.
This laptop boasts a 12-core Intel i7-1260P processor, providing robust performance for the most demanding tasks. Its 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM ensures smooth multitasking, while the 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD offers ample storage and rapid boot times. These specifications deliver power and speed, perfect for professionals who need efficient performance.
The LG Gram’s 16″ WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS LCD touchscreen display is a pleasure to use. Protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6, it’s durable and delivers clear, vibrant visuals. This device includes a stylus pen, making it a perfect tool for illustrators, designers, and professionals who frequently annotate or sketch. The backlit keyboard and LG fingerprint reader sensor add convenience and enhance security.
Equipped with the latest Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (2×2) and Bluetooth 5.1, the LG Gram ensures fast and stable connections. It offers versatile connectivity options with USB-C, HDMI, USB-A, and a microSD Card Reader. It operates on Windows 11 Pro, bringing advanced productivity tools and enhanced security features to your fingertips.
The LG Gram is a fantastic tool for a wide variety of professional activities. The stylus is particularly beneficial for graphic designers, allowing precision work in programs like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Its robust specifications also make it ideal for 3D modeling software, such as AutoCAD or SketchUp. The high-quality display lends itself to video editing tasks in applications like Adobe Premiere Pro or DaVinci Resolve. Plus, with Windows 11 Pro, business users can make use of features like Windows Information Protection (WIP) and BitLocker for enhanced security.
- Superior performance with a 12-core Intel i7-1260P processor and 16GB RAM
- High-quality 16″ WQXGA IPS LCD touchscreen display
- Generous 1TB SSD for ample storage
- Comprehensive connectivity options, including Thunderbolt 4
- Includes a stylus pen for precise input
- The high-end specifications might make it more expensive than other models
- The 16″ screen size might compromise portability
- Battery life may suffer due to the powerful processor and high-resolution display
The LG Gram 16 inch 2-in-1 Ultralight laptop is a high-performance, versatile device that delivers in almost every aspect. Despite some minor compromises, it remains an excellent choice for professionals seeking a powerful laptop for drawing with a stylus.
5. Acer Spin 5 Intel Evo Convertible Laptop
The Acer Spin 5 Intel Evo Convertible laptop with stylus is a cutting-edge device tailored for artists who require a powerful and flexible platform for their work. With a design focused on enhancing the user experience, it is packed with features that help optimize creative processes.
Powering the Acer Spin 5 is the 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1260P Processor, offering fast and efficient performance. Its 16GB LPDDR5 memory ensures smooth multitasking, while the 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD provides ample high-speed storage for your media and files. This combination makes the laptop a powerful workhorse for artists and professionals alike.
The laptop boasts a 14″ 2560 x 1600 IPS touchscreen display, offering a detailed, bright, and vibrant visual experience. The 88% screen-to-body ratio and 360° hinge design provide users with an immersive and versatile viewing experience. The low-blue-light TÜV certification ensures comfortable use, even for extended periods.
Equipped with the Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675 module and Bluetooth 5.2, the Acer Spin 5 promises reliable, high-speed connectivity for seamless streaming and communication. The inclusion of two Type-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 support ensures rapid data transfer speeds of up to 40Gb/s.
The Acer Spin 5 Intel Evo Convertible laptop shines in a multitude of creative applications. The included active stylus lends itself perfectly to digital painting or sketching in programs like Adobe Illustrator, Corel Painter, or Krita. Its robust specifications allow it to handle demanding software such as 3D modeling in Blender or video editing in Adobe Premiere Pro.
Moreover, the 360° hinge design allows users to switch between laptop, tablet, display, or tent modes, making it suitable for presenting artwork, giving a client demonstration, or comfortably watching content during breaks.
- Powerful 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1260P Processor for seamless performance.
- Bright and vibrant 14″ IPS touchscreen display for detailed visuals.
- Ample 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD for high-speed storage.
- Versatile connectivity options with Wi-Fi 6E and Thunderbolt 4.
- Bundled active stylus for precision input.
- The device may be pricey due to its high-end specifications.
- The 14″ screen might be smaller compared to other professional-grade laptops.
- The battery life could be compromised due to the high-resolution display.
The Acer Spin 5 Intel Evo Convertible laptop is a stellar device for artists and creative professionals. Despite some minor trade-offs, its versatility, power, and focus on visual quality make it a compelling option for drawing with a stylus.
6. ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 Review
The ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 positions itself as a go-to choice for graphic designers seeking a sleek, portable, and powerful device. This 2-in-1 laptop offers a compelling balance between performance and versatility, making it ideal for a range of creative tasks.
The VivoBook Flip 14 is equipped with an efficient AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Processor, providing ample power to handle resource-intensive tasks. With 8GB DDR4 RAM, it enables seamless multitasking, and the 512GB SSD offers swift data access and sufficient storage for a variety of projects.
The laptop features a 14” Full HD Wideview touch display with a glossy finish. Its up to 178° viewing angle makes it optimized for entertainment and detailed design work. The device is fairly portable, measuring 12.8″ wide and 0.7″ thin, with a stunning 82% screen-to-body ratio, and weighs only 3.31 pounds.
The device runs on Windows 10 Home, providing access to a myriad of productivity tools. Comprehensive connectivity options include USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C, USB 2.0, an SD card reader, and HDMI. Dual-band Wi-Fi 5 ensures fast and reliable internet connectivity, while the included fingerprint sensor adds a layer of security.
The ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 shines in creative design applications. The included stylus makes it suitable for precise sketching or design work in software like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or Autodesk SketchBook. The powerful AMD Ryzen processor also enables smooth operation of 3D modeling tools like Blender or SketchUp.
Additionally, the VivoBook Flip 14’s 2-in-1 design offers four viewing modes — tablet, tent, stand, and laptop — providing flexibility for various use cases. Whether presenting designs to clients, working on collaborative projects, or consuming media during downtime, this device adapts to your needs.
- Efficient AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Processor and 8GB RAM ensure smooth performance.
- Full HD Wideview touch display offers a comprehensive view for detailed design work.
- Portable and lightweight design makes it ideal for on-the-go use.
- Bundled stylus enhances precision input, a boon for graphic designers.
- Versatile connectivity options and a fingerprint sensor add convenience and security.
- 8GB RAM may be limiting for some demanding applications.
- The glossy display might be reflective under certain lighting conditions.
- Battery life might not last a full day of heavy use.
The ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 stands as a versatile, capable, and stylish laptop. Despite a few minor limitations, its blend of performance, portability, and design-centric features makes it an attractive option for graphic designers in need of a reliable drawing tool.
7. Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch
The Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch firmly stakes its claim as one of the top contenders in the market for the best laptop for drawing under $1000. Boasting an array of impressive features such as the M2 chip and Liquid Retina XDR display, this device serves as a top-notch drawing tool and an all-around productivity device.
Powered by the advanced M2 chip, the iPad Pro delivers blazing fast performance. The chip’s 8-core CPU is balanced with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores. Depending on the storage variant, it comes with either 8GB or 16GB of RAM, allowing for efficient multitasking and quick responsiveness.
The 12.9‑inch Liquid Retina XDR display with ProMotion technology and True Tone is the star of the show. It provides an ultra-smooth and color-rich visual experience that artists will love. The iPad Pro also boasts a 12MP Wide and 10MP Ultra Wide back cameras, and a 12MP Ultra Wide front camera, enabling high-quality photo capturing and video recording.
The iPad Pro offers up to 10 hours of web surfing or video watching, making it a reliable companion for all-day use. The device also supports Thunderbolt / USB 4 via its USB-C connector, enhancing data transfer and peripheral connection capabilities.
The iPad Pro 12.9-inch excels in various activities. Artists can take advantage of the device’s display and power in drawing applications such as Procreate, Adobe Photoshop Sketch, or Autodesk Sketchbook. The tablet’s multitasking capabilities, enhanced by the latest iPadOS, are also beneficial for productivity tasks, from managing emails to browsing the web and video conferencing.
Moreover, the Center Stage feature, exclusive to the iPad Pro, keeps users perfectly framed during video calls. This, combined with the iPad Pro’s camera capabilities, makes it an excellent tool for virtual meetings or remote collaborations.
Additionally, the iPad Pro offers a host of entertainment possibilities. From streaming high-definition video on Netflix or YouTube, to gaming with Apple Arcade, to exploring augmented reality (AR) apps, the possibilities are virtually limitless.
- Apple’s M2 chip ensures powerful performance.
- The Liquid Retina XDR display provides a top-tier visual experience.
- Impressive camera setup allows for high-quality photo and video capture.
- Long battery life and robust connectivity options enhance usability.
- High RAM capacity ensures smooth multitasking.
- The device may be out of budget for some users.
- Limited compatibility with non-Apple peripherals.
- Absence of traditional laptop features such as a physical keyboard might affect some users.
The Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch is a powerhouse of a device. Despite a few caveats, its exceptional features and performance make it a worthwhile investment for artists and professionals alike.
In conclusion, identifying the best laptop for drawing with a stylus can be a game-changer for digital artists, graphic designers, students, and professionals alike. These devices offer an unparalleled combination of power, precision, and portability, opening up new realms of creativity and productivity. Each laptop we’ve highlighted in this comprehensive guide provides unique features tailored to different needs, preferences, and budgets.
From the Microsoft Surface Pro 9 with its exceptional portability and high-resolution touchscreen, the ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX582 and its dual-screen setup for multitaskers, to the HP Spectre and LG Gram that balance power and design flawlessly, there’s no shortage of excellent options. For those looking for affordability without compromising on performance, Acer Spin 5 and ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 are excellent choices. And, if you’re looking for an all-in-one solution, Apple’s iPad Pro 12.9 with its M2 chip and stunning Liquid Retina XDR Display is certainly a worthwhile consideration.
Remember, the best laptop for drawing with a stylus is one that fits your individual needs, lifestyle, and budget. Factors like stylus compatibility, screen resolution and size, processing power, battery life, and portability should all be considered in your decision-making process. With the right device, your digital artistry can reach new heights, making your creative journey as seamless and fulfilling as possible. In the world of digital drawing and design, the right tools make all the difference, and we hope this guide helps you find your perfect match!
A stylus pen can be used with a variety of laptops, particularly those with touchscreen functionality. Here are some laptops that you can use with a stylus pen:
Microsoft Surface Pro 9
ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX582 Laptop
HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 Laptop
LG Gram 16 inch 2-in-1 Ultralight Laptop
Acer Spin 5 Convertible Laptop
ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 Thin and Light 2-in-1 Laptop
Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch
Yes, you can draw with a pen on a laptop, but not just any pen — you’ll need a stylus, which is a pen-like tool specifically designed for drawing and writing on touchscreens.
Not all laptops have touchscreen capabilities, and not all touchscreen laptops are compatible with stylus pens. However, many modern laptops are designed with touchscreen displays and come with stylus support. These often include “2-in-1” laptops, which can be used like a traditional laptop or a tablet.
With a stylus, you can sketch, draw, write, and annotate directly on your laptop’s screen. This is very handy for artists, designers, students, or professionals who often need to make quick sketches, take handwritten notes, or highlight text directly on their device.
Some stylus pens also offer pressure sensitivity, allowing for more nuanced strokes, shades, and textures in your digital artwork – just like using a real pen or brush.
Remember to check the laptop specifications to see if it supports a stylus and whether the stylus comes with the laptop or needs to be purchased separately. Not all styluses work with all touchscreen devices, so make sure the stylus you use is compatible with your specific laptop model.
Not all stylus pens work on all devices. Compatibility largely depends on the type of stylus and the technology used in the device. A basic capacitive stylus will work on most touchscreen devices, as it mimics the touch of a finger. However, active styluses that offer features like pressure sensitivity and palm rejection often require specific hardware and may only work with certain devices.
As mentioned above, while a basic stylus can work on any capacitive touchscreen device, more advanced stylus pens may not. It’s always best to check the compatibility of the stylus with your specific device to ensure they will work together seamlessly.
Active styluses do not work on all laptops. These types of styluses typically require a touchscreen with the specific technology to interact with the stylus. This could include components like a digitizer that can detect the stylus’s location, pressure, tilt, etc. It’s important to confirm whether your laptop supports the active stylus before purchasing.
You can write on laptops that have touchscreen capabilities and support stylus input. Some of the best laptops for this purpose include the Microsoft Surface Pro 9, ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX582, HP Spectre 2-in-1, LG Gram 2-in-1, Acer Spin 5, ASUS VivoBook Flip 14, and the Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch (although technically a tablet, it’s often used as a laptop with the right accessories). These laptops offer high-quality touchscreens and compatibility with styluses, making them excellent choices for note-taking, drawing, and other writing tasks.