While looking for top rated monitors under 200, we found that the “ViewSonic XG2405” emerges as the best Gaming Monitor Under $200. It offers a great combination of fast refresh rate, low response time, and IPS panel for excellent color accuracy and wider viewing angles. It also has a sleek design and thin bezels for an immersive gaming experience. While other monitors may excel in specific areas, the ViewSonic XG2405 offers the best overall value for budget-conscious gamers.
Gaming monitors are an essential component for any gamer, providing a more immersive and enjoyable gaming experience. However, finding a gaming monitor that is both high-quality and affordable can be a daunting task. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best gaming monitors available for under $200.
These monitors have been carefully selected based on their performance, features, and overall value. While they may not have all the bells and whistles of more expensive models, they are still capable of delivering an excellent gaming experience without breaking the bank.
Some of the key features to consider when choosing a gaming monitor include the refresh rate, response time, and resolution. A higher refresh rate and lower response time can help to reduce motion blur and provide a smoother gaming experience, while a higher resolution can provide sharper and more detailed visuals.
Other features to consider include the size of the monitor, the type of panel used (e.g. TN, IPS, VA), and the connectivity options available. With all of these factors in mind, we’ve narrowed down the options to the best gaming monitors under $200, so you can find the perfect one for your gaming setup without breaking the bank.
Our recommended list of the Best Gaming Monitors Under 200
- AOC G2590FX
- ASUS VP249QGR
- ViewSonic XG2405
- Acer Nitro VG240Y
- MSI Optix G27C4
- Sceptre C248B-144RN
- Dell S2419HGF
1. AOC G2590FX
The AOC G2590FX is not only a great choice for gamers who value speed and precision, but also for those who want a high-quality display that won’t break the bank. Its 24.5-inch size is perfect for those who prefer a larger screen, and the 1920×1080 resolution ensures that even the smallest details are crisp and clear.
In addition to its impressive refresh rate and response time, the AOC G2590FX is designed to reduce eye strain during long gaming sessions. Its flicker-free technology and low blue light mode help reduce eye fatigue, so you can game for hours without experiencing discomfort.
The monitor’s stand is also adjustable, allowing you to adjust the height, tilt, and pivot for optimal viewing angles. Its narrow bezel design provides an immersive viewing experience, and the monitor’s slim profile makes it easy to fit into any gaming setup.
Overall, the AOC G2590FX is a great choice for anyone who wants a reliable and affordable gaming monitor that delivers excellent performance and comfort.
- The AOC G2590FX is a 24.5-inch gaming monitor with a 1080p resolution, making it ideal for gamers who want a clear and crisp display without breaking the bank.
- With a 144Hz refresh rate and a 1ms response time, this monitor delivers smooth and fast gameplay with no lag or stuttering, making it perfect for competitive gamers who need quick reactions.
- The monitor also features AMD FreeSync technology, which synchronizes the monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card to reduce screen tearing and input lag.
- The AOC G2590FX has a slim and sleek design, with thin bezels that allow for a more immersive gaming experience.
- Additionally, the monitor has a range of connectivity options, including DisplayPort, HDMI, and VGA, which make it easy to connect to a variety of devices.
- While the AOC G2590FX delivers a great gaming experience for its price point, some users have reported that the color accuracy and viewing angles are not as good as more expensive gaming monitors.
- The monitor does not have built-in speakers, which means users will need to connect external speakers or headphones for audio.
- The stand is not adjustable, which may be uncomfortable for users who prefer a more ergonomic setup.
- Some users have reported that the monitor’s menu navigation can be confusing and difficult to use, which can make it challenging to adjust settings.
2. ASUS VP249QGR
The ASUS VP249QGR is a versatile gaming monitor that offers high-quality visuals, making it a perfect choice for gamers who prioritize color accuracy and wider viewing angles. Its IPS panel produces vibrant colors and has an excellent contrast ratio, making it ideal for immersive gaming sessions or photo editing tasks.
Its 23.8-inch size, along with a 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, ensures a smooth and responsive gaming experience without any ghosting or motion blur. The AMD FreeSync technology ensures that the monitor’s refresh rate is synced with your graphics card’s frame rate, resulting in a smoother and more fluid gameplay experience.
The ASUS VP249QGR has an ultra-slim design that saves space on your desk and looks sleek and modern. It features a frameless design that adds to its aesthetic appeal and also provides a more immersive experience while gaming.
The monitor also comes with customizable features like crosshairs, shadow boost, and game visual technology, which enhances the in-game experience and provides a competitive edge to gamers. Its connectivity options include HDMI and DisplayPort, making it easy to connect to a wide range of devices.
Overall, the ASUS VP249QGR is an excellent option for gamers who are looking for a gaming monitor that combines great visuals with a stylish and modern design.
- The ASUS VP249QGR has a 144Hz refresh rate, which ensures smooth gameplay and reduces motion blur.
- The monitor features Adaptive-Sync technology, which reduces screen tearing and stuttering during gaming.
- The IPS panel provides accurate and consistent color reproduction, making it suitable for content creation and casual use.
- The monitor has a low input lag, making it responsive and ideal for competitive gaming.
- The ASUS VP249QGR has a slim bezel design, which provides an immersive viewing experience and makes it suitable for multi-monitor setups.
- It has a blue light filter and flicker-free technology, which reduces eye strain during extended gaming sessions.
- The resolution of the monitor is only 1080p, which may not provide the best visual clarity.
- The ASUS VP249QGR does not have a height-adjustable stand, limiting its ergonomics.
- The monitor lacks built-in speakers, which may be an inconvenience for some users.
- The ASUS VP249QGR has limited connectivity options, with only one HDMI and one DisplayPort input.
3. ViewSonic XG2405
The ViewSonic XG2405 is an excellent choice for gamers who value both performance and aesthetics. Its 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time make it perfect for fast-paced games, while its IPS panel provides stunning visuals and vibrant colors. The 1920×1080 resolution ensures that images are crisp and clear, and the monitor’s borderless design is ideal for gamers who prefer multi-monitor setups.
In addition to its technical specifications, the ViewSonic XG2405 also features AMD FreeSync technology, which synchronizes the monitor’s refresh rate with your graphics card’s frame rate, eliminating screen tearing and stuttering. This technology ensures a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience, even during intense gameplay.
The monitor’s slim bezels give it a modern and sleek appearance, making it a great addition to any gaming setup. Its stand is adjustable, allowing you to customize the monitor’s height, tilt, and pivot to your liking. Additionally, the ViewSonic XG2405 has a low input lag, ensuring that your actions on-screen are registered instantly.
Overall, the ViewSonic XG2405 is a top-performing gaming monitor that also looks great. Its IPS panel, 144Hz refresh rate, and AMD FreeSync technology make it a solid choice for gamers who demand high-quality visuals and smooth gameplay.
- Excellent color accuracy: The ViewSonic XG2405 comes with an IPS panel that provides accurate and vibrant colors, making it ideal for gaming and other visual tasks.
- Low input lag and fast response time: With a 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate, this monitor ensures smooth and fluid gameplay without any lag or ghosting.
- Ergonomic design: The monitor comes with a fully adjustable stand that allows you to tilt, swivel, pivot, and adjust the height of the display for optimal viewing comfort.
- Affordable price: At under $200, the ViewSonic XG2405 offers great value for money, making it an excellent choice for budget-conscious gamers.
- Limited resolution: The monitor has a Full HD resolution of 1920×1080, which may not be ideal for some users who require a higher resolution for work or gaming.
- No HDR support: Unlike some of its competitors, the ViewSonic XG2405 lacks HDR support, which may be a deal-breaker for some gamers looking for a more immersive experience.
- No built-in speakers: The monitor does not have any built-in speakers, which means you will need to rely on external speakers or headphones for audio.
- No USB-C port: The monitor lacks a USB-C port, which may be an inconvenience for users who need to connect their laptops or other devices using this port.
4. Acer Nitro VG240Y
The Acer Nitro VG240Y is a top-performing 23.8-inch gaming monitor that offers a refresh rate of 75Hz and a quick response time of 1ms. The monitor’s IPS panel and full HD resolution of 1920×1080 provide crisp and clear visuals, and its excellent color accuracy and wide viewing angles make it an ideal choice for gamers who demand the best. With AMD FreeSync technology, you can experience fluid gameplay without screen tearing or stuttering.
The zero-frame design of the Acer Nitro VG240Y makes it an excellent option for gamers who want to create a multi-monitor setup for an immersive gaming experience. The thin bezels around the display provide a seamless viewing experience, allowing you to focus on the game’s action without any visual distractions.
Furthermore, the monitor’s adjustable stand allows you to tilt, swivel, and adjust the height to achieve the perfect viewing angle, providing you with maximum comfort during extended gaming sessions. The Acer Nitro VG240Y also has a blue light filter that reduces eye strain, making it ideal for prolonged use.
Overall, the Acer Nitro VG240Y is an excellent gaming monitor that provides outstanding performance, accurate color reproduction, and a zero-frame design that makes it an excellent option for multi-monitor setups.
- Good color accuracy and viewing angles for an IPS panel
- AMD FreeSync technology for smoother gameplay
- Low input lag and quick response time of 1ms for fast-paced games
- Slim and modern design with thin bezels
- VESA mount compatible for flexibility in placement
- Limited adjustability with only tilt adjustment available
- No built-in speakers
- No HDR support
- Some users have reported backlight bleeding issues
5. MSI Optix G27C4
The MSI Optix G27C4 is a top-tier gaming monitor that provides an exceptional gaming experience with its impressive specs. Its 27-inch curved VA panel, with a resolution of 1920×1080, creates a captivating visual display.
The monitor’s high refresh rate of 165Hz and response time of 1ms provides fast and smooth gameplay, allowing you to react quickly in fast-paced games. Moreover, it has AMD FreeSync technology that synchronizes your graphics card’s frame rate with the monitor’s refresh rate to minimize screen tearing and stuttering.
The MSI Optix G27C4’s VA panel also provides vivid and realistic colors that pop out, making your gaming experience more enjoyable. Additionally, the monitor’s curved design adds an immersive feel, allowing you to become fully immersed in the game.
Its ergonomically-designed stand is adjustable, allowing you to customize the monitor’s height and angle for optimal comfort during long gaming sessions.
Overall, the MSI Optix G27C4 is a fantastic gaming monitor with a curved VA panel, fast refresh rate, and AMD FreeSync technology. Its immersive design and vivid colors make it a great addition to any gaming setup.
- The MSI Optix G27C4 has a large 27-inch curved display that provides an immersive gaming experience.
- It has a 165Hz refresh rate and a 1ms response time, which means that games will look smooth and feel responsive.
- The monitor supports AMD FreeSync technology, which helps eliminate screen tearing and stuttering.
- The monitor comes with multiple gaming presets and customizable settings that allow you to optimize your gaming experience.
- The monitor has a sleek and stylish design with thin bezels that make it a great addition to any gaming setup.
- The monitor has a 1080p resolution, which might not be ideal for gamers who want higher resolution displays.
- The monitor doesn’t have any USB ports or built-in speakers, which could be a downside for some users.
- The curved display might not be to everyone’s liking, and some users might prefer a flat screen.
- The stand is not adjustable in height, so users may have to use a separate monitor stand or wall mount to achieve a comfortable viewing position.
6. Sceptre C248B-144RN
The Sceptre C248B-144RN is a gaming monitor that offers impressive performance and visual quality. Its 24-inch display features a VA panel with a resolution of 1920×1080 that provides excellent contrast and deep blacks, making it ideal for gamers who prefer dark-themed games. It also has a refresh rate of 144Hz and a response time of 3ms, which ensure smooth and clear visuals even during fast-paced action scenes.
The monitor also features AMD FreeSync technology, which synchronizes the display’s refresh rate with your graphics card’s frame rate, reducing screen tearing and stuttering for a smoother gaming experience. Additionally, its curved screen enhances the immersion and depth of field, making you feel like you’re part of the game.
The Sceptre C248B-144RN is also designed to be visually stunning with its sleek and modern design. Its thin bezels make it perfect for multi-monitor setups, and its adjustable stand allows you to customize the monitor’s position to your liking. Overall, the Sceptre C248B-144RN is a great choice for gamers who want an affordable monitor that offers excellent performance and visual quality.
- Affordable price point, making it accessible for gamers on a budget
- Large 24-inch curved display with a 144Hz refresh rate for smooth and immersive gameplay
- AMD FreeSync technology for reduced screen tearing and stuttering
- Multiple connectivity options including HDMI, DisplayPort, and audio output
- Blue light shift technology for reduced eye strain during long gaming sessions
- Limited resolution of 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), which may not be ideal for those who prefer higher resolutions
- Limited viewing angles due to the curvature of the display
- The stand is not height adjustable and has limited tilt adjustments, which may be uncomfortable for some users
- Build quality and durability may not be as high as some other options on the market.
7. Dell S2419HGF
The Dell S2419HGF is a popular choice among gamers due to its impressive specs and sleek design. This 24-inch gaming monitor boasts a refresh rate of 144Hz and a response time of 1ms, making it a great option for gamers who want to stay ahead of the competition. Its TN panel and resolution of 1920×1080 ensure that you get a smooth and responsive gaming experience.
What sets the Dell S2419HGF apart from other gaming monitors in this list is its striking design. The monitor features a slim profile and thin bezels, making it a perfect fit for modern gaming setups. Additionally, it has a fully adjustable stand, allowing you to find the perfect viewing angle for your gaming sessions.
Of course, the Dell S2419HGF also features AMD FreeSync technology, which helps to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering. This technology synchronizes the monitor’s refresh rate with your graphics card’s frame rate, ensuring that you get a smooth and seamless gaming experience. Whether you’re playing fast-paced FPS games or immersive RPGs, this gaming monitor is sure to enhance your gaming experience.
- Fast response time of 1ms helps eliminate motion blur and ghosting in fast-paced games.
- Has a refresh rate of 144Hz, allowing for smooth and fluid gameplay.
- Comes with AMD FreeSync technology, which synchronizes the monitor’s refresh rate with your graphics card’s output, reducing screen tearing and stuttering.
- The monitor has a decent color accuracy for its price point, making it suitable for both gaming and media consumption.
- Comes with a fully adjustable stand, allowing you to adjust the monitor’s height, tilt, swivel, and pivot for optimal viewing comfort.
- Limited color gamut coverage may result in less vibrant colors and less accurate color reproduction.
- The monitor’s stand is quite large, taking up a considerable amount of desk space.
- Some users have reported that the monitor’s brightness is not as high as they would like it to be.
- No built-in speakers, so you will need to purchase external speakers or use headphones for audio output.
Best Gaming Monitors Under $200 Buying Guide
Here’s a buying guide to help you choose the best gaming monitor under $200.
- Resolution: One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a gaming monitor is resolution. You’ll want a monitor that has a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080 (also known as Full HD) to ensure a clear and crisp image.
- Refresh Rate: The refresh rate of a monitor refers to the number of times per second that the image on the screen is refreshed. For gaming, you’ll want a monitor with a refresh rate of at least 60Hz. A higher refresh rate can provide a smoother and more responsive gaming experience, but may be more expensive.
- Response Time: The response time of a monitor refers to how quickly it can change from one color to another. For gaming, you’ll want a monitor with a response time of 5ms or less to minimize any motion blur or ghosting.
- Price: Let’s be honest, if you’re in the market for one of the best budget gaming monitors for under $200, you’re probably looking for a cost-effective option that won’t drain your wallet. And that’s perfectly fine – we commend you for being a smart shopper. However, it’s important to find a budget gaming display that offers a great price-to-value ratio. This means that the price should be in line with the monitor’s features and functions. As you move closer to the $200 mark, you can expect to find more features that enhance your gaming experience. But as you go cheaper, you may have to sacrifice some features. It’s important to note that you should never compromise on mission-critical features such as refresh rate, resolution, or response times. These factors can greatly impact your gaming performance and should be a top priority when selecting a budget gaming monitor.
- Panel Type: There are three main types of panels: TN, IPS, and VA. TN panels are the fastest and most affordable, but have limited viewing angles and color accuracy. IPS panels have better color accuracy and wider viewing angles, but are more expensive. VA panels have the best contrast ratios, but may suffer from ghosting.
- Size: Monitor size is largely a matter of personal preference, but for gaming, you’ll want a monitor that’s at least 24 inches. A larger screen can provide a more immersive gaming experience, but may be more expensive.
- Features: Some gaming monitors come with additional features like built-in speakers, adjustable stands, and HDR support. Consider what features are important to you and whether they’re worth the extra cost.
- Brand and Warranty: Finally, consider the brand and warranty of the monitor. Stick with well-known brands that have a good reputation for quality and reliability. Look for a warranty of at least one year to protect your investment.
Things to Avoid When Buying Best Gaming Monitors Under $200:
When shopping for a gaming monitor under $200, there are a few things you should avoid to make sure you get the best value for your money. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Low Refresh Rate: If you’re a serious gamer, you’ll want a monitor with a high refresh rate (at least 144Hz) to ensure smooth gameplay. Avoid monitors with a refresh rate lower than 60Hz.
- Low Response Time: Response time is the time it takes for a pixel to change from one color to another. You’ll want a monitor with a low response time (less than 5ms) to prevent ghosting and motion blur. Avoid monitors with a response time higher than 8ms.
- Poor Color Accuracy: Color accuracy is important for gaming, especially in games where color is used to convey important information. Avoid monitors with poor color accuracy or limited color gamut.
- Small Screen Size: A small screen size can be a hindrance when it comes to gaming. Avoid monitors with a screen size smaller than 23 inches.
- No Adaptive Sync Technology: Adaptive sync technology, such as AMD FreeSync or Nvidia G-Sync, can help prevent screen tearing and stuttering during gameplay. Avoid monitors that don’t have any adaptive sync technology.
In conclusion, finding a good gaming monitor under $200 can be challenging, but these monitors offer great performance and features without breaking the bank. The AOC G2590FX is an excellent choice for gamers who prioritize speed, precision, and comfort, while the ASUS VP249QGR combines great visuals with a stylish and modern design. The ViewSonic XG2405 is perfect for gamers who demand both performance and aesthetics, and the Acer Nitro VG240Y offers excellent color accuracy and a zero-frame design for an immersive gaming experience. Finally, the MSI Optix G27C4 is an exceptional option for gamers who want a captivating visual display and fast and smooth gameplay.
Q: What are some good gaming monitors under $200?
A: There are several good gaming monitors available under $200, such as the AOC C24G1, Acer R240HY, ViewSonic XG2402, ASUS VP249QGR, and Dell SE2417HG.
Q: Are gaming monitors under $200 suitable for competitive gaming?
A: Yes, gaming monitors under $200 can be suitable for competitive gaming, as long as they have a fast refresh rate and low input lag. Look for monitors with a refresh rate of at least 144Hz and an input lag of less than 5ms.
Q: What size should a gaming monitor under $200 be?
A: The size of a gaming monitor under $200 will depend on personal preference and the available desk space. However, most gaming monitors under $200 are around 24 inches, which is a good size for gaming.
Q: What resolution should a gaming monitor under $200 have?
A: Most gaming monitors under $200 have a resolution of 1080p (1920×1080), which is suitable for gaming at 60fps or higher. Some monitors may have a higher resolution, such as 1440p (2560×1440), but they will be more expensive.
Q: What features should I look for in a gaming monitor under $200?
A: When looking for a gaming monitor under $200, you should look for features such as a fast refresh rate (at least 144Hz), low input lag (less than 5ms), good color accuracy, and a high contrast ratio. You may also want to look for a monitor with adjustable stand and VESA mount compatibility for better ergonomics.
Q: Are there any downsides to buying a gaming monitor under $200?
A: One downside of buying a gaming monitor under $200 is that it may not have all the features of a more expensive monitor, such as HDR or G-Sync/FreeSync compatibility. Additionally, some budget monitors may have lower build quality or limited connectivity options. However, with careful research, you can find a good gaming monitor under $200 that meets your needs and budget.