So what is the best CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake?
In this guide, we will compare some of the best Intel and AMD processors that can run the game smoothly and without any bottlenecks. We will also look at some of the factors that affect CPU performance, such as cores, threads, clock speed, and cache.
Resident Evil 4 Remake is one of the most anticipated games. The game is a complete overhaul of the classic survival horror game that was released in 2005. The game features stunning graphics, improved gameplay, and new content that will keep fans and newcomers on the edge of their seats.
But to enjoy the game at its best, you need a powerful CPU that can handle the game’s high requirements. The game is expected to run at 1080p and 60fps on the recommended settings, but it also supports ray tracing and AMD FSR 2 for enhanced visuals and performance.
Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly option, a mid-range performer, or a high-end beast, we have you covered. Let’s find out which CPU is the best fit for your gaming rig and your wallet.
Our recommended list of the Best CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake
- Intel Core i9-12900K
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- Intel Core i7-13700K
- AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
- Intel Core i7-12700K
Resident Evil 4 Remake System Requirements
Minimum (60 fps, 1080p, “Prioritize Performance”)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or Intel Core i5-7500
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560 with 4GB VRAM or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 for ray tracing)
Recommended (60 fps, 1080p)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 or Intel Core i7 8700
- RAM: 16 GB RAM
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 for ray tracing)
1. Intel Core i9-12900K Desktop
The Intel Core i9-12900K is the ultimate CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake. It is the flagship processor of the 12th generation Alder Lake series, which introduces a new hybrid architecture that combines performance cores and efficiency cores. This allows the CPU to adapt to different workloads and deliver the best performance and efficiency in any scenario.
The Core i9-12900K has 16 cores and 24 threads, with 8 performance cores and 8 efficiency cores that can boost up to 5.2 GHz and 3.9 GHz respectively. It also supports DDR5 memory, PCIe 5.0, and Intel Hybrid Technology. It has a base power of 125 W and a maximum turbo power of 241 W.
The Core i9-12900K can handle Resident Evil 4 Remake with ease, as it can run the game smoothly and without any stuttering or lag. It can also enable ray tracing and AMD FSR 2 features for enhanced visuals and performance. The CPU can deliver high framerates and consistent frame times in the game, even at higher resolutions and settings.
The Core i9-12900K is the best CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake, but it also comes with some drawbacks. The CPU requires a new motherboard with an LGA1700 socket and a 600 series chipset. It also has a high power consumption and heat output, which means it needs a good cooling system and a powerful power supply.
- Excellent performance in Resident Evil 4 Remake and other games
- Supports ray tracing and AMD FSR 2 features
- Supports DDR5 memory and PCIe 5.0
- Hybrid architecture with performance cores and efficiency cores
- Requires a new motherboard
- High power consumption and heat output
2. AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
The AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor is an excellent choice for those who want a high-performance CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake. This processor features 12 cores and 24 threads, with a base clock speed of 3.7 GHz and a boost clock speed of up to 5.6 GHz. It is unlocked for overclocking and is compatible with the latest AM5 socket.
In addition to Resident Evil 4 Remake, the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor is also suitable for other latest games such as Battlefield 2042, Far Cry 6, and Forza Horizon 5, thanks to its high core count and clock speed.
With the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X, you can not only play Resident Evil 4 Remake at its best, but also other latest games such as Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Zero Dawn, Doom Eternal, and more. This CPU is definitely one of the best choices for gamers who want to experience the ultimate gaming experience.
- 12 cores and 24 threads
- High clock speed of up to 5.3 GHz
- Efficient power consumption
- Excellent performance for gaming
- More affordable than Intel Core i9-12900K
- Not as powerful as the Intel Core i9-12900K
- May not be necessary for everyone
3. AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
The AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is a great CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake. It is powerful, efficient, and it will give you the best possible gaming experience.
With this CPU and a suitable GPU, you can expect to play Resident Evil 4 Remake at 1080p resolution with high detail and 60 frames per second. You can also play at higher resolutions if you have a compatible monitor and adjust the graphics settings accordingly. The game will look stunning and immersive with the reworked survival horror elements and the new features such as stealth, improved AI, and new sidequests.
The AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is a beast of a processor that can handle any task you throw at it, whether it’s gaming, streaming, or content creation. It has 12 cores and 24 threads that run at a base clock of 3.7 GHz and can boost up to 4.8 GHz when needed. It also supports PCIe 4.0 for faster data transfer and has a whopping 70 MB of cache for smooth performance.
One of the best features of this processor is its gaming performance. It can deliver over 100 FPS in most popular games at 1080p resolution, and even more at higher resolutions.
Another area where this processor shines is content creation. It can handle heavy workloads such as video editing, rendering, encoding, and more with ease.
- High core count
- High clock speed
- Suitable for other activities
- Poorly multi-threaded
4. Intel Core i7-13700K
The Intel Core i7-13700K should be able to run Resident Evil 4 Remake smoothly and without any issues. You may even be able to play with higher resolutions or enable ray tracing if you have a compatible GPU. However, the exact performance and results may vary depending on your system configuration and settings.
The Intel Core i7-13700K is a powerful processor that can handle most games at high settings. It has 16 cores (8 P-cores + 8 E-cores) and 24 threads, with a boost clock of up to 5.4 GHz. Also, it supports DDR4 and DDR5 memory and has a cache of up to 30 MB. It also has Intel Hyper-Threading, which increases its performance significantly.
The Intel Core i7-13700K with its impressive performance can handle the latest games including, Elden Ring, God of War Ragnarök, and Forza Horizon 5.
- High core count
- High clock speed
5. AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
The AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D is a mid-range processor that offers exceptional gaming performance, thanks to its Zen 4 architecture, 5nm process, and 3D V-Cache technology. It has 8 cores and 16 threads, with a base clock of 4.2 GHz and a boost clock of up to 5.0 GHz. It also has a whopping 96MB of L3 cache, which reduces latency and improves frame rates in CPU-limited games.
The Ryzen 7 7800X3D can run Resident Evil 4 Remake at an average of 140 fps at 1080p and 1440p, and over 100 fps at 4K, with ultra settings and ray tracing enabled. It beats both the Intel Core i9-13900K and the AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D in this game.
The Ryzen 7 7800X3D is not only good for Resident Evil 4 Remake, but also for other latest games that require high CPU power, such as Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield 2042, Far Cry 6, and more. The processor can handle these games with ease, delivering smooth and stable gameplay at high settings and resolutions.
The Ryzen 7 7800X3D is a great choice for gamers who want the best gaming performance without breaking the bank. It’s much cheaper than its competitors from both Intel and AMD’s own lineup.
Overall, the Ryzen 7 7800X3D is a fantastic processor for gaming, especially for Resident Evil 4 Remake. It offers unmatched gaming performance, low power consumption, excellent efficiency, and a reasonable price. If you are looking for a new CPU to upgrade your gaming PC, you should definitely consider the Ryzen 7 7800X3D.
- Unmatched gaming performance
- Low power consumption and excellent efficiency
- Modern platform and future-proofing
- No support for DDR4 memory
- Reduced performance in some cases
- No direct multiplier-based overclocking
6. Intel Core i7-12700K
The Intel Core i7-12700K is the cheapest processor that is well-suited for gaming, including the upcoming Resident Evil 4 Remake. It has 12 cores (8 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores) and can boost up to 5.0 GHz. This makes it one of the fastest processors on the market, and it is sure to provide a smooth gaming experience.
In benchmarks, the Core i7-12700K has consistently outperformed its predecessor, the Core i9-11900K. It is also on par with AMD’s Ryzen 9 5900X, which is another top-of-the-line gaming CPU.
The Intel Core i7-12700K Desktop Processor delivers excellent performance for gaming, especially for Resident Evil 4 Remake, which is a demanding title that requires high CPU power and graphics quality.
According to results, this processor achieved an average of 95 frames per second (fps) on Resident Evil 4 Remake at 1080p resolution and ultra settings, which is impressive compared to other processors in its class. It also performed well on other games, such as Cyberpunk 2077, Far Cry 6, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Very fast performance
- 12 cores (8P+4E)
- Up to 5.0 GHz boost clock
- Good value for money
- Power consumption can be high
- Requires a new LGA1700 motherboard
Factors to consider
There are a few factors you need to consider when choosing a CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake:
- Number of cores and threads: The number of cores and threads in a CPU is important for gaming, as it determines how many tasks the CPU can handle simultaneously. Resident Evil 4 Remake is a multi-threaded game, so you’ll want a CPU with at least 6 cores and 12 threads.
- Clock speed: The clock speed of a CPU is measured in gigahertz (GHz), and it determines how fast the CPU can process instructions. A higher clock speed will generally result in better performance in games.
- Turbo boost: Turbo boost is a feature that allows a CPU to temporarily increase its clock speed beyond its base clock speed. This can be helpful for gaming, as it can boost performance in demanding games.
- Cache: Cache is a small amount of high-speed memory that is built into the CPU. Cache helps to improve performance by storing frequently accessed data. A larger cache will generally result in better performance.
- Compatibility: It’s important to make sure that the CPU you choose is compatible with your motherboard. You can check the motherboard’s specifications to see what CPUs are supported.
Resident Evil 4 Remake is a highly anticipated game. It is powered by the RE Engine and features stunning graphics, ray tracing effects and FSR 2.0 upscaling. To enjoy this game at its best, you need a powerful CPU that can handle the high graphics settings and ray tracing without causing stuttering or bottlenecking your GPU.
Based on our research and benchmarks, we have ranked these six CPUs according to their performance and value for Resident Evil 4 Remake:
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X: This is the best CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake, offering the highest FPS and smoothest gameplay at any resolution and settings, with or without ray tracing. It is a 12-core, 24-thread processor that supports FSR 2.0 and PCIe 5.0. It is also the most expensive CPU on this list, so you may want to consider your budget before buying it.
- Intel Core i9-12900K Desktop: This is a close second to the Ryzen 9 7900X, delivering very high FPS and performance at any resolution and settings, with or without ray tracing. It is an 8-core, 16-thread processor that supports DLSS 2.0 and PCIe 4.0. It is slightly cheaper than the Ryzen 9 7900X, but it also has higher power consumption and temperature.
- AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: This is the best value CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake, offering great FPS and performance at any resolution and settings, with or without ray tracing. It is an 8-core, 16-thread processor that supports FSR 2.0 and PCIe 5.0. It is also cheaper than the Intel Core i7-12700K, which has similar specs but higher power consumption and temperature.
- Intel Core i7-12700K: This is a slightly cheaper alternative to the Ryzen 7 7800X3D, offering similar FPS and performance at any resolution and settings, with or without ray tracing. It is an 8-core, 16-thread processor that supports DLSS 2.0 and PCIe 4.0. It also has higher power consumption and temperature than the Ryzen 7 7800X3D.
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X: This is a decent CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake, offering good FPS and performance at high resolutions and settings, with or without ray tracing. It is a 12-core, 24-thread processor that supports FSR 2.0 and PCIe 4.0. It is also more expensive than the Ryzen 7 7800X3D and the Intel Core i7-12700K, which offer better performance and value.
- Intel Core i7-13700K: This is a slightly more expensive alternative to the Ryzen 9 5900X, offering similar FPS and performance at high resolutions and settings, with or without ray tracing. It is an 8-core, 16-thread processor that supports DLSS 2.0 and PCIe 4.0. It also has higher power consumption and temperature than the Ryzen 9 5900X.
In conclusion, we recommend the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X as the best CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake if you want the ultimate gaming experience and don’t mind spending a lot of money on it. If you want a more affordable option that still offers excellent performance and value, we recommend the AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D as the best value CPU for Resident Evil 4 Remake.