It is critical to pair your Asus ROG Ally with the right charger to ensure optimal performance. This review article will compare the top chargers available on the market, considering their pros and cons, compatibility, and other potential uses.
All the below chargers are excellent options for your Asus ROG Ally, but the best one for you depends on your specific needs, whether it’s portability, power output, or the ability to charge multiple devices simultaneously.
Whether you’re gaming, working, or streaming your favorite shows, the charger you choose plays a crucial role in your device’s lifespan and performance. But with a sea of options out there, finding the best chargers can be quite a challenge.
That’s why we’ve curated a list of top-notch chargers that deliver quick, efficient, and safe power to your Asus ROG Ally. From portable power banks to multi-device charging stations, these chargers are carefully selected based on their power output, build quality, and advanced features.
Read on to discover the best chargers for Asus ROG Ally, designed to keep you powered up and ready for anything.
Here is the recommended list of the Best charger for Asus ROG Ally
- Anker 735 USB C Charger
- UGREEN 200W USB C Charger
- Anker 737 Power Bank
- Shargeek Storm 2 Portable Charger
- Razer USB-C 130W GaN Charger Portable
- INVZI 100W USB C Multiport Charger
1. Anker 735 USB C Charger
The Anker 735 Charger GaNPrime 65W is a powerful and versatile charger that is perfect for the Asus ROG Ally. It features a compact, foldable design that makes it easy to carry with you on the go, and it delivers up to 65W of power, which is enough to charge the ROG Ally quickly and efficiently.
The Anker 735 Charger GaNPrime 65W also supports a wide range of other devices, including MacBook Pro/Air, iPad Pro, Galaxy S23/S22, Note20, iPhone 14/Pro, and Pixel. It is also equipped with Anker’s PowerIQ 3.0 and Power Delivery 3.0 fast charging technologies, which can provide up to 80% faster charging speeds than standard chargers.
In addition to its power and versatility, the Anker 735 Charger GaNPrime 65W is also very safe to use. It is equipped with a number of safety features, including overcharging, overcurrent, and overheating protection. It also has a foldable plug that makes it easy to store and travel with.
Overall, the Anker 735 Charger GaNPrime 65W is a great choice for anyone looking for a powerful, versatile, and safe charger. It is perfect for the Asus ROG Ally, but it can also charge a wide range of other devices.
- GaN technology ensures high-speed charging.
- Foldable design makes it portable and travel-friendly.
- Its 65W power output can charge your laptop and other high-powered devices.
- It has only one USB-C port, limiting the number of devices you can charge simultaneously.
- Not the highest power output available on the market.
2. UGREEN 200W USB C Charger
The UGREEN 200W USB C Charger is an impressive piece of tech hardware, specially designed to keep your devices, including the Asus ROG Ally, fully charged and ready for use. This Nexode 6 Ports GaN Desktop Charger is more than a mere charging station; it is a hub of power delivery that ensures all your tech gadgets stay powered for maximum productivity.
One standout feature of this charger is its use of advanced GaN (Gallium Nitride) and SiC (Silicon Carbide) chips. These chips, well known for their superior performance in the semiconductor industry, significantly improve the charger’s heat dissipation. This, in turn, leads to safer, more efficient, and more effective charging for your devices.
In terms of power delivery, the UGREEN charger is a true workhorse. It successfully lives up to its promise, delivering the expected power promptly and reliably. Every device you connect gets charged fully and quickly. This means you won’t be left waiting for your devices to charge, enhancing your productivity and ensuring you’re always ready to go.
Personally, I’ve found that the benefits of this charger vastly outweigh this minor inconvenience. I appreciate its power and versatility so much that I find it’s well worth carrying with me wherever I go. It keeps all my devices, from the Asus ROG Ally to the MacBook Pro/Air M1 M2, iPad Pro/Air, iPhone 14 Pro Max/13, Galaxy S23 Ultra, and even the Dell XPS, fully charged and ready for action.
- Six ports allow simultaneous charging of multiple devices.
- High power output of 200W can quickly charge your devices.
- GaN technology for efficient charging.
- Not as portable due to its size and design.
- Higher price point compared to other options.
3. Anker 737 Power Bank
The Anker 737 Power Bank (PowerCore 24K) is a commendable accessory for the Asus ROG Ally, delivering an impressive 24,000mAh of power via a 3-port portable charger. With a substantial 140W output, this power bank is more than capable of efficiently charging a wide array of devices including the iPhone 14/13 Series, Samsung, MacBook, Dell, AirPods, and many more.
The easy-to-read digital display is a feature that proves to be incredibly handy. It shows both the output and input power, as well as the estimated time for the portable charger to fully recharge. This eliminates guesswork, allowing you to plan your usage and charging schedule more effectively.
As a proud owner of a Steamdeck, I can vouch for the PowerCore 24K’s ability to extend playtime significantly. It’s capable of providing about 4.5 hours of additional playtime, although this can vary depending on the nature of the applications I’m running. This additional power extension can make all the difference during long commutes or extended periods away from a power outlet.
Beyond its functionality, the build quality of the Anker 737 Power Bank is equally impressive. It boasts a sturdy and well-crafted design, providing a sense of assurance that it can withstand the rigors of everyday wear and tear. Despite its high power capacity and durable build, it maintains a compact size, a feature that enhances its portability. It fits conveniently into my bag without occupying too much space, making it the perfect travel companion for my devices.
- High capacity power bank allows charging on the go.
- Can charge multiple devices simultaneously.
- Smart digital display shows remaining power.
- Bulkier and heavier than wall chargers.
- Requires recharging after depletion.
4. Shargeek Storm 2 Portable Charger
The Shargeek Portable Charger Storm 2 is an innovative leap forward for the Asus ROG Ally and a slew of other devices. This 100W 25600mAh Laptop Power Bank delivers swift charging power and unprecedented transparency that sets it miles apart from its competition.
Imagine juicing up your MacBook Pro 16″ from 0% to 50% in just 41 minutes! That’s precisely what the Storm 2 achieves with its PD 100W USB C port and the included 100W USB C cable. This fantastic feature allows you to fast charge your device, slicing the charging time in half compared to the original charger, and gifting you precious time to conquer your day.
But the Storm 2 doesn’t stop at laptops. It’s a master of versatility, compatible with an extensive range of devices – from phones, switches, drones, and cameras, to any device with a DC port. This powerhouse of a charger is keen on meeting all your charging needs with ease.
When it comes to travel, the Storm 2 is a thoughtful companion. With a 25600mAh capacity, it’s just under the 27027mAh limit, making it legal and safe to bring aboard airplanes according to Federal transportation security rules. So, go ahead, pack it in your carry-on and keep your devices juiced up on those long-haul flights.
The crown jewel of the Storm 2, however, is its IPS screen. It’s not just a power bank; it’s the world’s first see-through battery pack. This IPS screen gives a real-time visual representation of the battery life, output distribution, running temperature, and DC voltage adjustment. And if you’re a gadget geek, you’ll love the transparency that reveals the high-quality components and meticulous circuit layout. It’s truly a sight to behold and easily my favorite feature of this groundbreaking power bank.
- Unique see-through design with an IPS screen to display charging status.
- High-capacity battery for extended charging.
- Multiple ports allow charging of various devices simultaneously.
- The unique design may not appeal to everyone.
- Bulkier compared to wall chargers.
5. Razer USB-C 130W GaN Charger Portable
The Razer USB-C 130W GaN Charger is an exceptional fit for the Asus ROG Ally, seamlessly blending compact design, raw power, and convenience into a pocket-sized powerhouse. Dubbed as ‘Small and Mighty,’ it surely lives up to its nickname.
Imagine a device that’s small enough to slide into your pocket, yet packs enough punch to charge your largest tech tools. That’s the Razer GaN Charger for you. It’s up to 48% smaller than the average USB-C charger, making it an absolute marvel in terms of space efficiency and portability.
Designed with the modern-day nomad in mind, this charger has global travel readiness etched into its DNA. It comes equipped with global adapter power plugs, so no matter where your journey takes you, the Razer GaN Charger is always ready to power up your adventures.
One of its most compelling features is the ability to simultaneously charge up to four devices. Whether it’s laptops, tablets, smartphones, smartwatches, or even more, this charger handles it all with aplomb. No longer will you need to prioritize one device over another for charging; the Razer GaN Charger ensures all your devices stay powered up and ready to go.
To put it simply, the Razer USB-C 130W GaN Charger is more than just an average laptop charger. It’s a compact, travel-ready power provider capable of juicing up multiple devices at once. Whether you’re an IT professional, a globetrotter, or someone who appreciates efficient technology, this charger is an investment you won’t regret. The Razer USB-C 130W GaN Charger is undoubtedly a small but mighty champion in the world of device chargers.
- High power output of 130W for fast charging.
- Compact design is travel-friendly.
- Multiple ports for simultaneous charging.
- Higher price point due to premium branding.
- Only one USB-C port.
6. INVZI 100W USB C Multiport Charger
The INVZI 100W USB C Multiport Charger for Asus ROG Ally can best be described as an absolute game-changer. Packing power, versatility, and convenience into a compact unit, this GaN III 4-Port USB Charging Station sweeps away the need for multiple, cumbersome adapters.
Gone are the days of lugging around a heavy adapter for your MacBook Pro, another for your phone, and a separate one for your other devices. Now, you can say hello to the convenience of carrying just one compact unit that serves all your charging needs.
But don’t let its small size fool you. This charger is a heavyweight when it comes to performance. Boasting fast charging capabilities, it packs enough power to fully charge a Samsung computer in about 1.5 hours from a completely dead battery. That’s raw power delivered swiftly, keeping your downtime to a minimum.
The standout feature of the INVZI Multiport Charger is undoubtedly its ability to connect and charge up to four devices simultaneously. This unique trait, coupled with its fast charging capability, positions it as a perfect companion for any device from MacBook Pro Air, iPad Pro, Dell XPS, to Galaxy S21/S20, iPhone 13 12/12 Pro, Note 20/10+, Pixel, and more.
For travelers, this charger is a godsend. Its extra ports eliminate the need for carrying multiple chargers, significantly reducing travel baggage while still ensuring all your devices stay powered up.
- Four ports allow for multiple devices to charge simultaneously.
- Compact design for portability.
- GaN III technology for fast and efficient charging.
- Lower power output compared to some of the other chargers.
- The power distribution may decrease when charging multiple high-powered devices simultaneously.
Things to look for
When shopping for the best chargers for your Asus ROG Ally, there are several key factors to consider to ensure you make an informed decision.
- Power Output: You want a charger with a power output that’s suitable for your device. Higher wattage results in faster charging, but it’s important to match the charger’s output with your device’s capabilities to avoid potential damage. For the Asus ROG Ally, you want a charger that supports fast charging and has a power output of at least 30W.
- Charger Type: Your charger type can vary from standard wall chargers, car chargers, power banks, or multiport USB hubs. The choice depends on your lifestyle and use case. If you’re always on the move, a power bank or a car charger could be beneficial.
- Portability: If you travel frequently or commute daily, consider the size and weight of the charger. Compact and lightweight chargers are easier to carry around.
- Number of Ports: Multiport chargers are handy if you have multiple devices to charge simultaneously. Chargers with two or more ports can help you keep all your devices powered without needing separate chargers.
- Compatibility: Make sure the charger is compatible with the Asus ROG Ally and other devices you may have. Chargers with USB-C ports tend to be more versatile and are future-proof as more devices shift towards this standard.
- Durability and Build Quality: Chargers undergo regular plugging and unplugging, so they need to be robust and well-made to withstand wear and tear. Look for chargers from reputable brands that use high-quality materials.
- Safety Features: The charger should have built-in safety measures like overcharge, overheat, and short-circuit protection to ensure your device’s safety during charging.
- Price: While you don’t want to skimp on quality, you should consider the charger’s cost. High-quality chargers are often more expensive, but they’re also more reliable and long-lasting.
- Brand Reputation and Warranty: It’s always wise to buy chargers from reputable brands known for their quality and customer service. Having a warranty gives you peace of mind and protection against potential defects.
- Cable Length: A longer cable gives you more flexibility when charging, especially if power outlets aren’t conveniently located. However, be mindful that longer cables can sometimes result in slower charging speeds.
Remember, the best charger for your Asus ROG Ally will ultimately depend on your specific needs and circumstances. By considering these factors, you can find a charger that perfectly fits your lifestyle and device use.
In conclusion, the Asus ROG Ally, as a powerful and dynamic device, deserves a charger that can effectively complement its capabilities. While there is a multitude of charging solutions available on the market, the key is finding the one that best meets your specific needs. By considering crucial factors such as power output, charger type, portability, the number of ports, compatibility, durability, safety features, price, brand reputation, warranty, and cable length, you can narrow down your options and choose wisely.
The chargers reviewed in this article, namely the Anker USB C Charger, UGREEN 200W USB C Charger, Anker 737 Power Bank, Shargeek Portable Charger, Razer USB-C 130W GaN Charger, and INVZI 100W USB C Multiport Charger, each have unique features and benefits that make them ideal for powering the Asus ROG Ally. They represent the pinnacle of charging technology, offering rapid charging speeds, multiple ports for simultaneous charging, exceptional build quality, and smart safety features.
So, whether you’re a serious gamer, a digital nomad, a multitasker managing numerous devices, or simply an Asus ROG Ally user seeking the best charging solution, the selection presented here provides you with premium choices. No matter which charger you choose, ensuring that it fits your lifestyle and provides your Asus ROG Ally with the power it needs is paramount. Remember, a good charger is not just an accessory, but a vital component that ensures optimal performance and longevity of your device.